Oklahoma, The Sooner State, is a land of cattle, wheat, natural gas, oil and plains as far as the eye can see. They possess a rich Native American history, which is honored on their state flag represented the more than 60 tribes who settled there. But Oklahoma, like all other states in the union is home to those suffering from addiction and the loved ones, friends and communities who care for them.
Oklahoma Addiction Statistics
- 8.1% of youth admit to illegal drug use
- 14% of teens state that they binge drink
- 63.6% see no harm in drinking 5+ drinks once to twice a week
- 17 thousand adolescents use unprescribed pain killers
- 200 thousand Oklahoma residents are dependent on or abuse alcohol
- 74 thousand are dependent on or abuse illegal drugs
And yet, sadly, only,
- 7.2% of alcohol abusers and 15% of drug abusers get treatment each year
Addiction is a disease that destroys more than just the individual. The family, friends and community all suffer from its effects. And the addicted person him/herself rarely seeks treatment without the direct support of those around him/her. Through treatment, there is lasting healing and recovery for the addicted. Here are a few of the addiction treatment facilities in Oklahoma.
Drug and Alcohol Rehabs in Oklahoma
The state of Oklahoma offers several addiction treatment options for individual and their families. Two of these facilities include A Chance to Change and Valley Hope treatment centers.
The staff at A Chance to Change, located in Oklahoma City, believe that it is necessary to treat the entire family as much as the addicted person, due to the far-reaching and damaging role played by addiction. A Chance to Change offers a holistic approach to healing and addresses a wide array of addiction categories for those struggling, and their families, including:
- and even
This facility offers numerous therapy services focused on specific non-addiction behaviors, including:
- Stress reduction and management
- Family and spousal/ romantic relationship issues
- Grief counseling
- Trauma/PTSD counseling
- Pain management
- Co-occurring disorders- mental health diagnoses in addition to addiction
A second treatment option in Oklahoma is Valley Hope of Oklahoma City. This treatment center provides a 30-day stay, but they will consider a stay as short as 17 days, based on the needs of each resident individually. The programs at Valley Hope offer:
- Individual therapy
- Group therapy
- Pastoral counseling
- Family therapy
- Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT)- combines behavioral therapy and medications to address chemical dependency issues
- 12-step support groups and local participation
- Nutritious healing meals
A bit unique for an addiction treatment facility, Valley Hope provides a Family Intensive Treatment (FIT), which offers daily online group discussions facilitated by a family therapist, in addition to individual therapy for family members once a week.
A special aspect of FIT is that it extends beyond primary family members to any individual affected by their loved one’s chemical dependency. Valley hope also offers a Family Continuing Care Program, which includes counseling and educational sessions online for as long as a person would like to take advantage of this benefit.
A few other options for addiction treatment facilities in the state of Oklahoma include:
- The Addiction Recovery Center in Oklahoma City
- Southern Oklahoma Treatment of Durant
- Catalyst Behavioral Health Services STAT program in Oklahoma City
- Eagle Ridge Family Treatment Center of Guthrie
- New Hope CDU LLC in Sayre
Finding Drug Rehab in Oklahoma
Adrugrehab.org is dedicated to connecting addicted individuals and their loved ones with safe, effective and compassionate treatment options in their area. Our team of mental health professionals, licensed counselors and those in recovery listen to your unique physical and behavioral needs and utilize their extensive knowledge of addiction treatment options to help you find a respected programs and achieve lasting results.
Whether you need medical detox, intensive intervention or help staying on the recovery path, we’re here to help. Please check out out extensive library of resources regarding what to expect in various forms of treatments, latest techniques and technologies related to recovery and how to live a healthier, happier life.
Oklahoma Drug and Alcohol Rehabs
- Ada (9)
Broken Arrow (1)
El Reno (2)
Elk City (3)
Fort Supply (1)
Midwest city (1)
Oklahoma City (55)
Pauls Valley (1)
Ponca City (6)
Red Rock (2)
Sand Springs (3)