Missouri, the Show Me State, Gateway to the West, Home of the Blues, has been called home by legendary comedian, Redd Foxx, author, Mark Twain, actor, Dick Van Dyke and President Harry Truman. Its name came from an Alqgonquian Native American word meaning “river of the big canoes”. Iced Tea, a southeast regional favorite, was first introduced to the world in 1904 at the St. Louis World’s Fair. While an amazing place to live and raise a family, Missouri is also home to those suffering from addiction.
Missouri Addiction Statistics
- 7.9% of youth admit to using illegal drugs
- 14.6% of teens binge drink
- 63% of adolescents see no harm in drinking 5+ alcoholic drinks a week
- Over 20 thousand youth report using unprescribed pain killers
- Over 300 thousand Missouri residents are dependent on or abusers of alcohol
- Over 100 thousand are dependent on or abusers of illegal drugs
And yet, shockingly, only:
- 5.7% of alcohol abusers and 16.6% drug abusers get help each year.
Addiction is a disease. Its devastating effects reach far and wide, breaking individuals, shattering families and haunting communities. But with treatment, those who are suffering from addiction and the ones who love them can find lasting healing and hope. Let’s look at some treatment options in the state.
Drug & Alcohol Rehab in Missouri
There are some great addiction treatment options in Missouri. Among them, Northland Dependency Services in Kansas City and Gibson Center in Perryville.
Northland Dependency Services, Kansas City
Northland helps people live drug free lives. They specialize in individuals for whom addiction has created a legal problem, working directly with the courts and all involved to help individuals find and remain in recovery.
They offer classes on an outpatient basis like:
- Domestic Violence Prevention
- Anger Management
- Parenting with Love and Logic
- Safe Driving
- How to Budget
- Victim Impact
- Recovering from Addiction
These classes get at some of the factors that can exacerbate using and are geared toward helping those suffering better manage their lives as a whole to stay away from chemical dependency. They employ certified counselors who will work one on one, mentoring those in recovery, helping them face life challenges and win at life.
Gibson Recovery Center, Perryville
The Gibson Recovery Center encourages you to “Help yourself. Help a loved one.” They offer:
- Residential treatment in a safe and supportive environment
- Outpatient care at various frequencies and intensities to meet individual needs
- Inpatient detox
Their residential treatment programs allow individuals to learn and grow in a safe and structured environment. Their programs include:
- 1:1 counseling
- Daytime treatments
- Group Therapy
- Relapse Prevention
- Developing recovery skills
- Developing life skills
Their outpatient programs are about long-term recovery of individuals living on their own, with family or elsewhere. Individuals will experience convenient yet extensive care in these programs that cover important topics like:
- Coping with cravings
- Identifying triggers and how to healthily respond to them
- Life skills
- Healthy relationship-building
- How to find and retain a job
Outpatient treatments include:
- Working with a Master’s level clinician
- Support from others in the program
- 1:1 education and help locating resources
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Moral recognition therapy
- Evidence-based therapies
- Reality therapy
- Motivational Interviewing.
Those in Gibson’s inpatient detox are under 24 hour licensed nursing care, which is supervised by a Nurse Practitioner and Physician who are experienced and specifically licensed to oversee the detox process.
- Comprehensive physical
- Psychiatric evaluation
- 24/7 monitoring by nurses.
- Evidence-based administration of medications
- An inviting, home-like setting
Finding Addiction Treatment Facilities in Missouri
Adrugrehab.org is dedicated to helping those suffering from addiction and their families find the resources they need to get on the path to a healthy and lasting recovery. Out compassionate team of mental health professionals, licensed counselors and those in recovery work with you, listening, answering questions and connecting you with respectable and effective facilities, professionals and programs.
Whether you need medical detox, an intensive intervention, residential programs or relapse prevention, we work with you to help you make the right choices based upon your loved ones unique physical and behavioral needs. Our extensive online library will help you understand what to expect in various programs, learn more about the latest proven treatments and give you actionable advice on how to live a healthier, happier life on the recovery path.
Call our free, confidential hotline today to get started.
Missouri Drug and Alcohol Rehabs
- Arnold (4)
Blue Springs (4)
Bowling Green (1)
Breckenridge hills (1)
Cape Girardeau (12)
Crystal City (1)
Des Peres (1)
El Dorado Springs (4)
High Ridge (2)
House Springs (1)
Jefferson City (11)
Kansas City (56)
Kingdom City (1)
Lees Summit (5)
Linn Creek (1)
Marble Hill (4)
Montgomery City (2)
Mount Vernon (2)
Mountain Grove (2)
New London (1)
O Fallon (3)
Park hills (1)
Pilot Knob (1)
Poplar Bluff (11)
Reeds Spring (1)
Saint Charles (8)
Saint James (1)
Saint Joseph (11)
Saint Louis (68)
Saint Peters (3)
Sainte Genevieve (1)
St. Louis (1)
Sunset hills (1)
Town and country (1)
University City (1)
Van Buren (1)
West Plains (9)