Iowa, the Hawkeye State, is known nationally for its corn production. It’s name comes from a word that means “beautiful land” in one of the common Native American languages in the region. Actors, John Wayne and Cloris Leachman, famed comedian, Johnny Carson, Poll taker, George Gallup, after whom Gallop Polls were named, President Herbert Hoover and entertainer, Buffalo Bill all called Iowa home. While Iowa is a great place to live and raise a family, it’s also home to those suffering from addiction.
Iowa Addiction Statistics
- 6.3% of youth use illegal drugs
- An astonishing 18.1% of teens admit to binge drinking
- 64.2% of adolescents see no great harm in drinking 5+ alcoholic drinks once to twice a week.
- 10 thousand adolescents take unprescribed pain killers
- Over 50 thousand Iowans are dependent on or abusers of illegal drugs
- Nearly a quarter million are dependent on or abusers of alcohol
And yet, sadly,
- Only 7.1% of alcohol abusers and 13.2% get treatment each year.
Addiction is a devastating disease. While we often focus on the addicted individual, it’s reach extends far beyond to family, friends and community. But with treatment, those suffering from addiction can find and stay on the recovery path. Here are a couple treatment options in Iowa.
Addiction Treatment Facilities in Iowa
There are several treatment options in Iowa. Among them are Zion Recovery Services in Atlantic, Perry, Shenandoah and several other locations and Pathways Behavioral in Waterloo.
Zion is “touching lives and changing futures.” They focus on empowering individuals in personal growth and improving their self image. They work with individuals to set achievable goals to meet those goals, while giving the individual full choice as to whether or not to heal his/her life. Their goal is to create a sense of personal responsibility rather than dependency.
They provide many outpatient services, run a men’s residential treatment program in Clarinda and assist individuals in recovery and prevention. They plan to open a women’s residential program in Dec of 2017.
- Extended outpatient
- Intensive outpatient
- Integrated, comprehensive treatment
- Clinical services
- Distance treatment for those who may be unable to attend meetings regularly, are homebound or have no access to transportation, although some face to face meetings will still be required.
- Prevention through youth programs
Their programs include:
- Anger Management
- Life skills
Pathways invites you to “free yourself from addiction.” Their programs and services are here to support that process. They offer and extensive array of mental health and addiction services and treatments.
- Intensive outpatient treatment – Convenient early morning and evening outpatient counseling, education and a group therapy that allow sufferers to work treatment into their busy lives.
- Extended outpatient treatment – For client’s who need longer term outpatient support or are less able to attend more frequent meetings
- Continuing care – a relapse prevention program
- Adolescent program – A program specifically designed to address the unique needs of teen addicts
- Residential treatment – Clients are admitted into a residential program, where a care plan is developed, goals are set and professionals work with the individual to meet those goals. These programs have varying levels which include education, self-disclosure and problem-solving to encourage change and eventually work toward reintegrating individuals into society.
- Transitional Housing – Each resident commits to sobriety as they live in a safe, supportive and monitored setting while re-integrating into society.
Finding Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Iowa
Adrugrehab.org is dedicated to helping those suffering from addiction and their families navigate an often confusing sea of addiction treatment options to find respected and effective treatment facilities, professionals and programs in Iowa. Our team of compassionate mental health professionals, licensed counselors and those in recovery are here to help you when you call our free, confidential helpline.
Medical detox, intensive residential programs, outpatient services, relapse prevention, how to pay for treatment, insurance – it doesn’t have to be confusing when you have the support you need. We hope you’ll check out our extensive library of resources on topics like what to expect in various treatment programs, new and exciting addiction technologies and how to live a healthier life in recovery.
You’re not alone. Adrugrehab.org is here to help you and your loved one find healing and hope.
Iowa Drug and Alcohol Rehabs
- Adair (1)
Cedar Falls (1)
Cedar Rapids (11)
Council Bluffs (7)
Des Moines (29)
Forest City (1)
Fort Dodge (10)
Fort Madison (1)
Guthrie Center (1)
Ida Grove (1)
Iowa City (9)
Le Mars (4)
Mason City (5)
Missouri Valley (1)
Mount Pleasant (5)
Orange City (1)
Prairie City (1)
Red Oak (1)
Rock Valley (2)
Rockwell City (1)
Sac City (2)
Sioux Center (1)
Sioux City (10)
Spirit Lake (4)
Storm Lake (2)
Webster City (1)
West Burlington (5)
West Union (1)