Colorado, the Centennial State, entered the union in 1876, exactly 100 years after the signing of the Declaration of Independence. Famous for world-renowned ski resorts, Rocky Mountain National Forest, picturesque landscapes and bike- and pedestrian- friendly cities and towns, it’s the home state of astronaut, Scott Carpenter, boxer Jack Dempsey and actor Tim Allen. Colorado is all home to those suffering from addiction.
In the state of Colorado,
- 14.6% of youth use illegal drug
- 15.9% of teens report binge drinking
- 65.1% of adolescents see no harm in drinking 5+ drinks once to twice a week
- 5.5% of youth use unprescribed prescription painkillers
- Over 300 thousand Colorado residents are dependent on or abuse alcohol
- Over 100 thousand are dependent on or abuse illegal drugs
And yet, shockingly,
- Only 10.9% of alcohol abusers and 15.7% of drug abusers get treatment each year.
We should note that Colorado is a little higher than average in percentage of those getting treatment when compared to other states.
Addiction is a disease that knows no boundaries and spares no one in the vicinity. Without treatment, the devastation will continue for the addicted, their loved ones and the community. Often that addicted person must hit “rock bottom” or family and friends must step in to urge to get the addicted person onto the healing path. With treatment, those who suffer at the hands of addiction can find lasting healing and hope.
Addiction Treatment in Colorado
Colorado offers several options for those suffering from addiction. Among them are, Boulder County Hospital in Boulder, Colorado and Anderson & Hager Connections, Inc in Denver.
Boulder County Hospital offers mental health services and well as drug addiction, meeting the addicted where they are and providing comprehensive services. The care options here include:
- Inpatient rehab (<30 days)
- Residential short term rehab/sober living (>30 days)
- Outpatient drug rehab
- Partial hospitalization drug rehab/Substance abuse day treatment
- Substance abuse treatment
- Inpatient rehab
Boulder County Hospital is exceptional care without the bells and whistles. For many they are a more affordable option without sacrificing quality effective care. They accept self-payment, Medicare and private insurance.
Anderson and Hager Connections, Inc offers outpatient treatment that is effective, safe and supportive for the addicted person and their family. They remind those who seek their help that “Deciding to heal from an addiction, or to cut down on substance use can be tough, and this is very courageous!” They respect this bravery and support you on the recovery path. They offer:
- Individual and Group Sessions
- After Care Sessions for those who just left an inpatient program
- Trauma Therapy
- Family, Couples, Support System Involvement
- Relapse Prevention, Education
- Specimen Drug Testing
- Thorough Drug and/or Alcohol Evaluations
- Mindfulness Practices (a form of meditation and living that focuses on being present-focused)
- Working with medical doctors, and other healing practitioners, to support and rebuild physical and mental health
Additionally they offer many others services to help the individual in recovery heal relationship and his/her life through:
- Parenting Classes
- Couples Counseling
- Anger Management
- PTSD Management
- DUI Programs that comply with court mandates
When you enter their programs, they can offer individualized, professional evaluations of your overall health, circumstances, family situation, physical needs, etc. then help you develop a comprehensive plan for addressing your needs. These evaluations also comply with regulations regarding court-ordered or other legal requests for mental health evaluations and they will provide a thorough, written report of their findings.
They accept Medicaid, private pay and vouchers from the state’s The Access to Recovery Voucher Program.
Finding Colorado Drug & Alcohol Rehab
Adrugrehab.org is dedicated to helping those who suffer from addiction and their loved ones find and stay on the recovery path. Our team of compassionate mental health professionals, licensed counselors and those in recovery understand that when you’re seeking treatment options, you’re looking for lasting results. You want to find facilities that are both effective and respected, who have the knowledge and resources to handle the addicted individual’s unique physical and behavioral needs.
When you call our free, confidential helpline, we’ll listen, evaluate and connect you with the right options. Addiction is devastating. Finding help can be a daunting task. You’re not alone. We’re here to help you find healing through treatment.
Colorado Drug and Alcohol Rehabs
- Akron (2)
Black hawk (1)
Canon City (7)
Castle Rock (7)
Cheyenne Wells (1)
Colorado Springs (58)
Commerce City (12)
Crested Butte (1)
Cripple Creek (2)
El jebel (1)
Estes Park (5)
Fort Collins (17)
Fort Lupton (3)
Fort Morgan (10)
Glenwood Springs (8)
Grand Junction (21)
Greenwood Village (2)
Highlands ranch (1)
Idaho Springs (1)
La Jara (4)
La Junta (5)
Las Animas (3)
Lone Tree (1)
Manitou springs (1)
Monte Vista (4)
Pagosa Springs (2)
Pueblo west (1)
Rocky Ford (1)
San Luis (3)
Steamboat Springs (4)
USAF Academy (1)
Wheat Ridge (9)
Winter Park (1)
Woodland Park (4)