Alaska, the Last Frontier, is famous for the gold rush, scenic cruises, dog mushing, a vast wilderness, oil and what the rest of the country would consider frigid winter temperatures. But to Alaskan’s, it’s home. It’s name came from the Aleut Native American Word “Alyeska“, meaning “Great Land”. It is a state of wonder and majesty, but is also home to those suffering from addiction.
In the state of Alaska,
- 9.8% of youth admit to using illegal drugs
- 13% of teens binge drink
- 4.5% of adolescents use unprescribed pain killers
- 64.6% of youth see no harm in drinking 5+ alcoholic drinks once to twice a week
- 6.7% of Alaska residents are dependent on or abuse alcohol
- 3.2% use illegal drugs
And yet, sadly:
- Only 10.6% of alcohol abusers and 11.8% of drug abusers get help each year.
Addiction is a disease that extends beyond the individual, ripping through families, hurting loved ones and destroying communities. But with treatment, those who are suffering so much can get on the path to lasting recovery. Here are some treatment options in the state of Alaska.
Addiction Treatment Facilities in Alaska
Alaska has several addiction treatment options. Among them are Nugen’s Ranch in Wasilla and Jett Morgan in Anchorage.
Nugen’s Ranch in Wasilla
Nugen’s Ranch is a beautiful 116-acre farm nestled in the stunning Matanuska-Susitna Valley. It includes, gardens, green houses and farm animals.
As an accredited treatment facility, they like to do things a little differently. Their programs revolve around a traditional AA 12 step philosophy, but offer so much more to residents as they follow the recovery path.
Their programs includes:
- Work therapy – The resident will be working on a farm, planting, caring, harvesting, taking what they’ve produced to market. All of this helps reinforce self worth, confidence and a strong work ethic.
- Various group activities in the farm setting. These help restore trust in others and teamwork.
- Individual and group counseling with licensed professionals
- Accountability and support among the residents
- A friendly, home-town type setting
- Arts & crafts
- Computer labs
New residents go through a personalized assessment of their unique needs. They then work with the person recovering to develop a treatment plan, set goals, identify triggers and work to solve problems.
In weekly individual sessions and several group sessions, residents work on personal growth and applying healthy solutions. They believe that you overcome addiction by increasing self-awareness and self-worth.
Jett Morgan Treatment Center
Jett Morgan believes that it’s “all about where you place your attention.” They help those recovering develop strategies to refocus their attention and energies on living healthy lives. They address the underlying disequilibrium ( lack of balance) among memory, motivation, reward and cognitive control in the addicted individual’s brain and work to facilitate a new found balance in life for the addiction suffer.
Their programs include:
- Thorough assessments based upon clear, clinical guidelines
- Early intervention through school addiction education
- 1:1 outpatient treatment services that may last from 1-8 hours for 1-12 months depending on individual recovery needs
- Relapse prevention ongoing care
- Anger management
- Life Skills Development
They offer a sliding scale payment system for those who do not qualify for financial assistance so that lack on money is not a barrier to getting help. They do not, however, take Medicare or Medicaid.
Finding Addiction Treatment Facilities In Alaska
Adrugrehab.org is committed to changing lives through education, support and assistance navigating addiction treatment options. Our free, confidential helpline is staffed with knowledgeable and compassionate mental health professionals, licensed counselors and individuals in recovery. We’re ready to work with you to find solutions whether they’re financial, logistical or otherwise.
We evaluate the physical and behavioral needs of your loved one and connect you with respected and effective treatment options that align with the addicted individual’s unique needs.
Whether you need medical detox, a residential program, outpatient life skill development or relapse prevention, we’re here to help.
Check out our extensive library of resources on topics like what to expect in various program types, new and effective treatment options and how to live a happier, healthier life in recovery.
Addiction is devastating. But you’re not alone. We’re here to help.
Alaska Drug and Alcohol Rehabs
- Anchorage (62)
Copper Center (3)
Delta Junction (1)
Dutch Harbor (1)
Eagle River (2)
Fort Yukon (2)
King Cove (1)
Saint Paul Island (4)
Sand Point (3)